The town’s most notable feature is its historic timber lighthouse, the Old Burnett Heads Light, dating from 1873. The structure, originally sited on South Head (the southern entrance to the Burnett River), was replaced by a modern structure in 1971; the original lighthouse was restored and moved to a local park off Mittelheuser Street. It includes the original Fresnel lens.
In recognition of its lighthouses, Burnett Heads stages the annual Lighthouse Festival on the last Saturday in October.
Please contact us to know about our latest investments opportunities in Burnett Head